Health is the complete well being of a person, not merely absence of disease. In the era of digitalisation, the easiness to get everything on the table has made our life total sedentary. This lifestyle is the root problem of thousands of illness.
By adopting/living the sedentary lifestyle, we are making our body prone to diseases like diabetes, blood pressure, cardiovascular disease etc. Many other factors are also like an ingredient in the soup of disease like food habits and other habits like drinking, smoking etc.
By consuming a massive amount of fat rich, packed food lead to accumulation of fat in our body and raise glucose level in blood which is the main stimulation of diabetes and cardiovascular disease like atherosclerosis.
According to a survey, diabetes currently affects more than 62 million Indians, which is more than 7% of Indian population. As our country is leading the world in terms of economics, we are also driving it in the state of disastrous health.
Changes that you need to do in everyday life
For keeping yourself healthy, we don’t want to give many extra efforts; it can be done just by just doing some amendment in our lifestyle.
- Wake up early, to keep everything on track, first, and the important thing is to sleep regularly, adjust your lifestyle accordingly.
- Don’t skip breakfast, take heavy breakfast, it will help you to remain energetic throughout the day. Follow the formula – “Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.”
- Drink lots of water to keep you hydrated. Eat green vegetables which are rich in fibres. Eat fruits and other calcium and mineral enriched products like milk, curd etc.
- Leave the sedentary lifestyle. Don’t hold yourself in a simple position for a long time. Always indulge in petty physical activities like walking. You can extract your little time for some physical activities like yoga, running, jogging or some exercise.
- Try to set a positive and optimistic perspective towards life and get rid of all bad habits which affect your life like smoking, drinking etc.
It is because nothing is more important than your health. It is the thing which is entirely yours in your world. Try to amend things just to lead a happy and healthy life.
Change of season also affect health in certain ways, and this is the time when you have to be extra cautious about yourself.
Tips to maintain your health in summer
Some of the tips to protect yourself from summer problem –
- Keep yourself hydrated. Drink as much as you can.
- Take light food. Stop eating fat-rich products which can upset you, GIT. Take healthy and fresh diet.
- Consume curd, buttermilk and other products rich in vitamin B12 which will lead to proper digestion.
- Protect your body from sunstroke and heat. Cover yourself adequately with light and comfortable clothes for keeping your skin healthier.
- Use and eat seasonal fruits and other traditional recipes which is useful in summer season like, aam ka Panna, powder of palm or birchun
- Keep yourself engaged in physical activities and keep your body clean and healthy by regular showering.
These all are things which can improve your health and help you enhance your spirit according to the transition of the season because health is just not a word; it is the total wealth of your life, which you should protect over any materialistic things.
Be healthy and be happy, it will enhance your productive life and also help you to keep your family and surrounding happier
*The article was originally published in the first edition (May 2018) of With The Coffee (Click here to download your free copy of the magazine).Would love to connect with you on social media!